Sunday 7 August 2011

A Lifetime of Regret


I think a fair number of us have done it. One night over chat, text or email, you send someone a sexy photo of yourself. Who knows why? Attention? Maybe. It could have been love, lust or plain old adrenaline. Whatever it was, you trusted the person enough to send them compromising photos of yourself in an attempt at intimacy. 

I'll be honest, I've done it. Me. The Cleaner. I was young and in love and I wanted him to be thinking about me. I was very lucky. He was a trustworthy person and the photos stayed between the two of us, as they should have. 

But what if I wasn't so lucky? What if we had a nasty break-up? What if he kept those photos on his computer and a jealous new girlfriend found them? I may have ended up as the subject of a viral high-school email. I could have ended up on The Dirty. 

No matter how strong your relationship is, no matter how in love you are, there is always a chance that things can change and you don't want photos available for anyone to get ahold of. 

What most women don't stop to think about in the heat of the moment, is that having photos like that online can not only hurt your reputation, but your job opportunities as well. Many employers search an applicant's name on the internet before considering a hire. In fact, I have it on good authority that many employers refuse to hire anybody that is posted on or affiliated with The Dirty. 

Spooky, huh? 

My advice: If you're going to take them, use film. Get it developed yourself (don't bring him along) and don't get duplicates. Make a rule that if he wants saucy photos of you, that you keep them, and he can request to see them at any time. 

Never, EVER, send photos over the internet. You'll never have control of them again. Even people that you can trust can leave their computers logged in or their phones unlocked. 

If you already have regrettable photos on the Internet, please contact us. We can take a look at your case and see if there is anything we can do to help. 

I'm always listening, 

The Cleaner

          

1 comment:

  1. Yah U would be the type to send nasty slooty pics to a guy only sloots do that sht.

    ReplyDelete